Tuesday, September 14, 2004

 

Rathergate revisited

Jonah Goldberg at the NRO has the best take on the whole Rathergate mess, with a reasonable simile to history and outcome:

"........And, for Rather, this kind of draw is a loss. This could drag on for days or weeks or months. But even if it's days, the bleeding will be fatal. Already, the man looks like a sad buffoon, in denial that the quicksand is already up to his chest. His flailing about "partisan operatives" being behind the backlash makes him sound like the Norma Desmond of Big Journalism. Someone tell me when ABC News and the Washington Post become arms of the RNC, because I would love to see that memo. But before I believed it, I'd study the size of the "th"s a bit more closely than Dan did./snip/...........You might say the same to me, since I'm one of those people who've seen Dan Rather as a joke for a very long time. Fair enough. The difference is that I have better evidence on my side."

|

<< Home
< type="text/javascript" src="http://www.feedmap.net/blogmap/blogapi.ashx?method=blogmapbadge&feed=http://rltaylorjr.blogspot.com/atom.xml">

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
free hit counter al.com - Alabama Weblogs